The scala rider® SMARTPACK™ includes both DMC™ (Dynamic Meshwork Communication) and Bluetooth® technologies to give you the best of both worlds. Bluetooth mode enables you to communicate with non-SMARTPACK riders, operate your mobile phone, receive navigation instructions from GPS devices, and listen to music (via A2DP).
What is DMC and how does it differ from traditional Bluetooth technology?
DMC is a groundbreaking technology developed by Cardo to completely change how group riders communicate with each other. Instead of the traditional Bluetooth 'daisy-chain' intercom connection, the group is connected in a dynamic network to ensure that communication remains uninterrupted at all times. In SMARTPACK's DMC Intercom mode, a group of 4 riders can communicate at a remarkable range of up to 3 miles / 5 km, and any of the members can leave / join the group, or receive incoming phone calls at any given time, without compromising the conversation for the rest of the group.
With the Cardo SmartSet app and its remote control feature, you may opt to use your smartphone or tablet to control your SMARTPACK. Make intercom and phone calls, play music or listen to the radio and customize the settings — all from your Android or iOS mobile device.
- DMC™ Intercom mode for auto-adaptive connectivity among a group of 4 riders
- Unique design: Roller-wheel and flat-plate control panel
- Up to 1 mile / 1.6 km Bike-to-Bike intercom and up to 5km with 4 or more riders
- 4-Way Bluetooth Intercom Conferencing: 2 riders and their passengers or 3 separate riders (Full Duplex)
- “1+8” Bluetooth Intercom Toggling: Toggle among 8 other riders
- Click-to-Link® intercom for spontaneous conversation with other scala rider users nearby
- Voice Command: Voice recognition technology for true hands-free operation
- Cardo Gateway™: Enables non-Cardo headsets to connect via intercom
- Intercom-to-Mobile: Calls switch automatically to mobile when out of range
- Cardo SmartSet™ App for remote control and on-the-go setting customization
- Cardo Community® platform for social features, device customization & software upgrades
- Music Sharing™- Rider & Passenger listen to the same stereo music (via A2DP)
- Parallel Audio-streaming Talk and listen to music at the same time
- Hot-dial number (Customizable)
- Make / Receive / Reject calls by voice command or at the push of a button, A2DP/AVRCP profile for wireless stereo from smartphones, Conference mode between outside caller, Rider-Passenger
- Receive GPS navigation instructions via Bluetooth
- Built-in FM Radio with RDS: 6 station presets with auto scan, Automatic selection of the strongest signal, Radio on time: 8-10 hours, Automatic radio muting for incoming calls
- Connect wirelessly to MP3 players via A2DP for stereo music
- Self-adjusting audio volume according to speed & ambient noise (Customizable)
- Voice-control for receiving / rejecting incoming mobile or intercom calls (Customizable)
- Multilingual status announcements
- Interchangeable hybrid and corded microphones
- Dual replaceable speakers (3.5 mm)
- Up to 13 hours talk-time/ 1 week stand-by
- Waterproof & Dustproof